Gender Climate and Energy 2001-2012
Compilation of Articles on Gender in Sustainable Energy News
P.4 - EDITORIAL(S)
5 - Gender in Sustainable Energy News
6 - Let Women Have A Say, Too!
7 - What Shall I Say to My Daughters?
How to explain an unequal world?
How will the world look in 2050?
8 - More Women Needed for Decisions
• Break the “Glass Ceiling” on Sustainability
9 - Women in Focus
10 - 5th Theme on Gender, Climate & Energy
P.11 - UNCSD & RIO
12 - Why Women and Energy?
• Gender Perspectives on Energy for CSD-9, 2001, by Elizabeth Cecelski, and Sheila Oparaocha, ENERGIA
14 - Input to UNCSD-15: Regional Reports
15 - Climate at UN Status of Women Conference
15 - Where is the Gender Perspective in
the Rio Conventions?
16 - Rio+20 from Women’s Perspectives
P.18 - UN CLIMATE
19 - Gender Issues Missing in Climate Talks:
19 - Action Needs to be Taken
20 - Is the Perception of Climate Change Gendered?
21 - Gender - Forgotten Pillar of Climate Policy
23 - Women’s Role in the UN Climate Process: from Berlin to Bali and Beyond
24 - Montreal Marked “New Era” for Gender and Climate
26 - No Climate Justice without Gender Justice, UNEP, WAVE, WECF Women Ministers, 2008 in Monaco
27 - Women in Bonn ’09
28 - Gender Justice at COP15: Half of Nothing is Nothing
29 - Women - UNFCCC COP-18
• INFORSE and Gender at COP18
• History Made: "Gender Balance" Adopted - in the Fossil Patriarchy
• First Ever Gender Day of UNFCCC in Qatar
P.31 - PLANNING & POLICY
32 - Gender is NOT Something to Ignore!
• North AND South Perspective
34 - UNDP Analyses and Assists
35 - Gender-Sensitive Framework for
Rural Electrification Projects
36 - Women’s Grass-Root Participation
37 - Gender, Cities and Climate Change.
P.38 - EU POLICY
39 - Gender Equality & EU Climate Policy
• Are there Gender Equality Support Criteria in EU’s Energy & Climate Programs?
40 - Post-Soviet Changes, Shocking Report
40 - Brussels Women’s Energy Club
41 - 50-50 Campaign
41 - Swedish EU Presidency
42 - Road to Copenhagen - Wiki
42 - 40% Women in Boards in EU by 2020?
42 - 79% Women Against Nuclear in Estonia
P.43 - MICRO CREDIT
44 - Micro Credit Introduces Renewable Energy
46 - Micro Credit to 100 Million Poor Women, India
47 - Grameen Shakti Micro Credit in Bangladesh
• Women’s way from darkness to light, from carrying wood to mobile phone and internet
• Grameen Shakti Success Continued - 2005
• $1.5 Million to Bangladeshi Women - 2009
P.49 - TECHNOLOGY
• Portable CooKit to Save Millions of Lives
• This is so simple, and it really works!Л
• Biogas, Solution for Rural Women, India
• Carbon Credits for Household Biogas Plant
• 1000 Women Trained to Solar & Cook stoves, Bangladesh
• Micro-hydro in the Himalayas
• Community Micro Hydro Power in Kenya
• Improved Water Mills Replace Diesel & Electric Mills, Nepal
• Gender Energy Project Training in Asia
• Solar Fruit Dryers, India
• Innovative Improved Cook Stoves, Sri Lanka
• Common Solar Charger, India
• Solar LED Lamps, Mali
• Solar Device Training of Women
• Energy Efficient Fish Ovens
• Multi functional Bio Centers, Kenya
• Toilets, Offices and Biogas in one Building
• Local Centres & Improved Cooking Stoves in Mozambique
P.62 - ANTI-NUCLEAR
63 - Mothers' Respond to Chernobyl
• Politics Needs More Women: Fear lead to a strong mother group to influence politics by Anna Golubovska, Onisimovo, MAMA-86
• Science Needs More Women: We should make science more responsible! by Cathy Foley, Australian physicist.
64 - ”Don’t Nuke the Climate“
• Women Strongly Opposed Nuclear at UNFCCC, Bali
• "Nuclear is a Problem, NOT a Solution” says Women, COP15
P.66 - PUBLICATIONS
• Women, Energy and Water in the Himalayas, ICIMOD, UNEP, 2006
• Generating Opportunities, Case studies on Energy and Women, UNDP, 2001
• Gender and Climate Finance
• Gender and Energy for Sustainable Development - Toolkit and Resource Guide, 2004
• Where Energy is Women's Business, ENERGIA, 2007
• Resource Guide on Gender & Climate Change, '09
• Training Manual on Gender & Climate Change, '09
• Report: Small-Scale Bioenergy Initiatives, 2009
• Biofuels for Sustainable Rural Development and Empowerment of Women, 2009
• Gender and Equity in Bioenergy Access and Delivery, Kenya, 2008
• Eco-documentary Film to Change History
• What Science Tells Us Today, What Can We Do?
• UN FAO on Gender, 2010
• Gender Policy for Community Radio, 2009
• WEN, UK: Why Women & Climate? - 2010
• UNDP Report: Powerful Synergies
• Green Energy for a Billion Poor, 2012
• Renewable Technology Manual to Reduce Poverty
• Online Training on ENERGIA’s web site
• Women Active Against Nuclear Energy, 2006
• Gender & Climate Change in the EU27
• Women in Economic Decision-Making in the EU
• EC’s Website on Gender
P.74 - WHO IS WHO?
- GENANET, ISIS International, LIFE e.V, GenderCC, WECF, WILPF, MAMA-86, ENERGIA, AIWC, WAFD.
- INSEDA, MFC, ENDA, Grameen Shakti, ADEL Sofala, CRT/Nepal, IDEA, LEDeG, SCI.
- VE, INFORSE, Practical Actionon, AFPRO, UNISON , GGCA, UN NGO CSW , SC-WCC, WEDO, UNGEAR
- UN Entities: UNFCCC, UNSCD, UNDP, UNEP, FAO, UN GEAR
P.78 - About the Editor